Every September, one pupil from each class is democratically elected to hold the position of School Council Representative. To find out who represents each class, click on the the year group links below.
The LJS School Council work hard each year on a variety of projects. Some of our successes have included:
- creating fliers to harness support from our neighbours to keep our field clean
- establishing boy and girl toilets (rather than mixed)
- giving £100 to charity, which was presented to a representative from Marie Curie in a school assembly
- organising a variety of stalls to raise an incredible £705.46 at our Annual School Council Fundraiser
- raising £105 for our 'Friends of LJS' as children sold tickets for a raffle in order to win a family trip to the Sea Life Centre
The School Council welcome all ideas from their classmates through use of our suggestion box, surgeries and class meetings. Our School Council is well supported by the Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson, Finance Officer and Marketing Manager (Year 6 pupils).
As a part of Children's Mental Health Week, we would like to encourage all pupils to engage with this year's theme: 'Express Yourself'.
Our LJS School Council and Year 6 Growth Mindset Champions have created a video to help promote everyone's health and wellbeing. Please watch below and take lots of opportunities to follow their brilliant tips! Which ones inspire you to express yourself?
School Council Raffle Fundraiser
Our LJS School Council have raised a grand total of £318, by selling raffle tickets in order to win a hamper full of sweets! The winner was George in 3W. Well done George!
School Council Representatives have been organising the Poppy Appeal this year, encouraging children in their class to donate and buy a poppy, or poppy stationary, for Remembrance. Well done!