Please be aware that our website is currently undergoing some rejuvenation. Menus and pages may have moved and changed since your last visit. Some pages will also appear a little bare until they are populated with new and up-to-date information. Thank you in advance for your patience. (January 2018)
Welcome to our school!
It is an absolute privilege to be the Headteacher of Longlevens Junior School, a place where every member of our community is valued and respected. At LJS we aim to:
- Create a vibrant, inclusive and safe learning environment (both inside and out of the classroom) where children and staff develop their skills and love of learning
- Have the highest expectations in all we do and celebrate the achievements of everything and everyone
- Enable children to discover and develop their unique talents and encourage a resilient and 'can do attitude'
- Encourage an atmosphere of mutual respect and celebrate the rich and diverse world in which we live
- Ensure children have the opportunities to explore, investigate and learn through a Creative Curriculum that brings the real world into the classroom
- Have fun!
As I welcome you to our website, which will give you a flavour of school life, I also invite you to visit and see for yourselves all the exciting learning opportunities that our children experience everyday. Our school values of respect, resilience, courage, compassion, spirit and happiness underpin all we do and the high expectations we set for ourselves are reflected in our school motto of 'Aim High - Be the best you can be!'
We also know that the best learning takes place as a result of a close partnership between school and home and I look forward to joining you and your family in supporting your child as they continue on their journey through school.
With best wishes,
“The school provides pupils with a wide and interesting range of subjects, topics and experiences which ensures that pupils enjoy their learning.”